Friday, July 10, 2009

Bacon, bacon, and more bacon.

Earlier this week, Jessica and I got our monthly pedicures at our favorite nail salon in our CM hood. Somewhere in between our girlie gossip and catching up on our mundane (mine) and exciting (hers) lives, she invited me to a Yelp Elite event with an amazing theme: BACON! I, of course, could not pass up the offer of time with some of my favorite girls and free bacon related food and booze.

A bunch of other Yelp lovin' friends of ours were going too, so we decided to hit up YardHouse's Happy Hour before hand. I've been doing whole grain only, no/low sugar diet for 3 weeks now, but know when to cheat just a little bit. Instead of the glorious Hefs and beer ciders the girls were drinking, I had a few not-so-bad diet Roman Cokes. I actually found something on the menu (the Spicy Tuna Roll) that totally went with my diet and only had a few bites of the other girls' deliciously carby-sugary yummyness. I was off to a good start!
ClaireBear and Me

After a couple of hours of eating, drinking, and chatting with Jessica, Claire, Jenny, and Diane, we headed off to the fair grounds where the Yelp event was held.
Yelp Elite! Woot.

Jenny, our resident bacon ambassador.

I had a blast eating bacon wrapped shrimp, bacon wrapped meatballs, candied bacon, bacon dipped in chocolate (my fave bacon-inspired item of the night,) bacon bloody mary's, and chocolate bacon martinis. They also had some super yummy fried fair food like fried oreos (my new favveeee!!) and zucchini weenies. After going through all of the photos on my camera, I realized I pretty much only take pictures of people. I went to an event where the main focus was food and I did not take ONE picture of any of it! Ha. Bad blogger. Oh well, I know there are a handful of other blog posts about the event out there. Go read theirs!
Real Hotties of Orange County

All the lovely girls.



I had a ton of fun and left very, very full, but I definitely paid for it later. I passed out on the couch with Tallulah a few minutes after I got home and woke up around 4 am, sick as a dog. You cannot completely change the way you eat for 3 weeks and then ingest that much junk all at once. It felt like a combo of the worst hangover ever, food poisoning, and being hit by a truck. Tallulah and I crawled to my bed after pounding some water and suffered for about 45 minutes until I fell asleep again. Thankfully, I woke up feeling MUCH better. Even though I felt like death for a bit, it was definitely worth it!


2 comments:

  1. i'm bummed it gave you a tummyache, but i had oh, so much fun! 'twas about damn time we came face-to-face :)

    ReplyDelete