Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I hate to break this to you but being a coward is not a legitimate career

A few days ago, I had a date with a new boy, Daddy DJ. 29 years old, from Long Beach, dark hair, pale skin, tattoos, and a general indie boy style. Sounds right up my alley, minus the whole Daddy thing. He has an 8 year old daughter with full custody. You have to admire a man who steps up to the plate and does his thing, but I'm 22. I'm selfish, impulsive, and not at all ready for that kind of responsibility. I know, I know... it was just one date, but it still weighed heavily on my mind. We ended up making plans last minute since his daughter was going to be at a family member's house for the evening. After a long day of hair and makeup and office work, I wanted to do something very low key. We decided to head over to Wahoo's for a quick bite to eat.


And then Trader Joe's for some cheap, yummy wine to take back to my house and talk. Yes, really talk, not "talk."
We played the Question Game. My version of 20 questions when conversation gets slow. Tallulah was a good distraction as well. Made out for a while. (Yes, I am a make out slut.) Daddy DJ is definitely a cool guy with a good head on his shoulders, pretty decent kisser, and has an interesting perspective on things from being a single parent all of his adult life, but....

Story of my life. I'm just not that into him. I'll put it this way, I haven't obsessively checked my phone for texts/calls from him, stalked him on Facebook, or have an extra pep in my step. It was an enjoyable evening, but not weak-in-the-knees-worthy. I'll keep holding out. What does a girl gotta do to get a little fireworks in her life?? Of course, the fact that he is definitely more than a bit into me makes me more distant. I'm such a cliche. Ah well, I've got time. :)

4 comments:

  1. Awwww atleast you got a little makeout action. I know the perfect guy is out there for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean. My husband's ex had a kid when they got married (not his). I really admire him for taking on that responsibility, but that was never of interest to me when I was dating! Too much, too soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I'd even consider dating a guy with a kid. Props to you for even going out with him!

    ReplyDelete