Thursday, May 21, 2009

I like my money where I can see it - hanging in my closet.

I've got money burning a hole in my pocket and that means beloved shopping time! I even got to leave 30 minutes early from my office job and was stoked to hit up H&M who never disappoints. Until today that is. -sigh- I tried on a gazillion things.


Loving the little woven leather belt attached to this shirt dress, but it was a bit too short on the sides (which you can't really see here) for me to be comfortable.

So many things wrong here. The shirt is see through which usually isn't a problem since I almost always layer a cami underneath white tops, but this one just had too many weird lines. Skirt is just ehh. Feels too corporate for me.

Same top tucked in with the cutest vintage feeling high waisted skirt, but there was just too much fabric going on. I felt like it added a lot of extra weight to my bottom half and like I had a pouch which at 22 (!!) I do not!!!

I am always, always, always attracted to big floufy, romantic tops with way too much fabric and as much as I LOVE LOVE LOVE it, I know most people don't get it. Could be 9 months pregnant in this top and no one would know. Linen capris were just ehh.

Man!! Unfortunately, the outfit I came in (above) looked better on me than any of the looks.

I was so frustrated that nothing worked and was completely disheveled from trying things off and on and off and on. Messy hair, shiny forehead, and grumpy disposition aside, I was determined to walk out of there with SOMETHING after almost an hour in there.

I scooped up this basic white V neck and what H&M is best for: tons of accessories! I'm digging the whole tie dye thing and thought the scarf was the right amount without looking like a 70's flower child. Layers upon layers of gold necklaces (always a standard go-to for me,) funky ring, and big poufy flower to adorn my hair when I'm feeling flirty.

Close up on the ring. Loving the cocktail-y-ness of the stone with the more masculine thick dark gold band.

I love tiny charms on long gold chains. Keys, bows, and jewels, oh my!

I also popped into Wet Seal of all places since it was right across the way from H&M at South Coast Plaza. I haven't been in there since 8th grade, but I saw a whole wall of $5 scarfs and couldn't contain myself.

Got all this stuff for less than $30 out the door. The little red gingham top is decisively made of the lowest quality cotton ever, but for $5(!!!) I figured I'd get it. It was originally $19.50 on the $10 sale rack and then another 50% off when I get to the register. Nice. I also threw in a couple pair of flip flops (buy one get one for $5.) I'm a sucker for a sale.

I wanted to get out of there and head home to Miss Tallulah Belle since I've been feeling a little under the weather. I didn't even notice since I've been going, going, going nonstop since wedding season started until my mom asked me if I was sick. She said I sounded all stuffed up. Power of suggestion, I tell ya. However, I knew I better stop in at MAC for a few more supplies before my weddings this weekend. I think this is the least I've ever purchased from MAC at one time.

Blush: Fleur Power and Springsheen; Lipglass: Enchantress, Viva Glam VI Special Edition, Prr; Lustreglass: Beaux; Liquidlast Liner: Coco Bar and Point Black; Technakohl Liner: Purple Dash

Of course, what post would be completely without a little Lu Love. I seriously cannot explain how much she brightens my day. I cannot wait to get home to here each and every day. She is so good for a puppy and such a people pleaser. I lucked out with her.
Here she is patiently waiting for me to pay attention to her while I photographed the goods.

A 16 week old pup can only be patient for so long. She wanted to get in on all the fun of the shopping bags and the camera.

Who needs fireworks when you have a little white fluffball who lives for the moment you come home.

9 comments:

  1. tallulah is totally a cutie.

    love the accessory buys. i need to get bolder with mine. i had a similar shopping day yesterday. blah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's too bad the shirt dress didn't work. I thought it looked cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that cocktail ring... but I think that romantic flowy top would be a diaster on my pregnant self. I've had to retire off most of my flowy tops since they make me look like I have a three-cheeseburger-a-day habit rather than a 5 month pregnant bump. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have that wrap shirt in yellow...and I do wear it to work :)

    I also have a problem with spending too much at MAC, but at least you're buying it for work :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I HATE it when nothing looks cute. :-\

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate when you can't find anything and you end up looking like you ran a marathon from trying everything on. Even disheveled, you look marvelous! Glad you found some accessories that worked! Yay for shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so refreshing to me! This post made me laugh and smile like a big effing geek. Hee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wanting to spend money on new stuff and not finding anything cute is the most frustrating thing in the world!!

    ReplyDelete