Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I'm never real, it's just a sketch of me and everything I've made is trite and cheap and a waste of paint, of tape, of time.

This haunts me everyday.

I miss mattering to someone. I miss feeling secure about my world. I miss being loved. I miss his stupid nervous tendencies and how we'd lay in bed with our dogs. Bruiser would crawl up the pillows and on to his head. We would laugh and watch crappy free scary movies on demand and go to the dog park and go shopping all day to find the perfect knick knack for our overly cluttered coffee table/mantle/bathroom/etc. We had our stupid retarded nicknames that would make even us roll our eyes. I miss our wedding day and how he cried before I did when I walked down the aisle and how I saw him out the window helping set up while I was getting my makeup done and I hoped it wasn't bad luck. I miss him. I miss the time I brought out the dinky ikea arm chair outside on the patio with Muffin while he strung Christmas lights up on the townhouse even though no one else in our complex had them. We tried to string popcorn to make garland and when he was almost done the thread was all knotted and we had to throw it away and he was so frustrated and pissed but 2 minutes later we laughed and made do with the little bit that I had. And we took stupid christmas photos in our striped bright sweaters and Muffin had a bow on her neck. And how we went to Balboa Bay Club for my birthday and "I need water" and salt water taffy and The First Cabin. I miss how everyone said they had never seen him that way toward a girl and how obsessed we were with each other and how we swore we'd beat the statistics and how I trusted him without an ounce of hesitation. I miss that life. I miss feeling so so so pretty and wearing pretty dresses for him and oh.. the kisses. I miss him kissing me. I have and won't ever be kissed that way again. I miss the Postal Service and Snow Patrol and Dashboard and the dinky hockey rink and pickup games and hot cocoa and the locker room and kissing him. Kissing him. Him.

I'm forbidden to think of him or bring him up or have these kinds of feelings and I'm not allowed to not hate him and I have to be strong and move on and it's been two years and people are tired of the sad, depressed, emo girl and I've already lost so many friends and my husband. It's so. so. so. exhausting. You cannot be sad when you work weddings all day and no one wants to hang around the sad girl. People expect happy Rachael and at first I couldn't. Then it was hard, but I faked it. Now, it comes naturally and sometimes its not even fake, but at the end of the day when I get home alone I can literally feel it fall away. Literally. and it's a relief because I'm oh so tired of it all the time, but I'm so lonely. I feel fake. I feel ungrateful and annoying. I feel so hopeless and lonely and alone and I miss him. I want to hate him so bad. It is so good/horrible that he wants absolutely nothing to do with me because I know there is no way I'd be strong enough to tell him no. I didn't tell him no. I told him yes and I wanted more. Found out more lies, still wanted more. Treated like shit, wanted more. I want to feel like that. I want to feel passionate and fire and love and anything. Living this way is not worth it. Its not even living. Its so fake. all day. everyday. Prozac only masks it. Xanax is my heart, but makes me feel nothing. Nothing is good sometimes. A lot of times. More times than not, but it wears off and I yearn for him/it/love again and feel like I should try.

Am I broken? Will I never feel this way again because it was never real to begin with? How does someone just leave. Why doesn't he want me anymore? I tried so hard. I still don't know why he left. I feel like a failure. I made him my world, my priority. Unhealthy. Yet he still left. I'm so annoying. There is so much worse in the world and I still feel like this. He doesn't even miss me. I have never ran into him. I'm bigger than I've ever been. I'm fucked up emotionally. I'm stuck on my ex-husband who abandoned me and when asked if he would change things, said no. No one does anything for me. No sparks. No trust. People think I'm stupid because I was young and it was puppy love and not real love and its just a statistic and get over it you're young, atleast you didn't have kids, you'll find better, what'd you expect? I hate them. I hate him. I hate myself. I hate so much in the world. I hate living this way. I try and I always come back here. I can't even be the right kind of depressed. The skinny, doesn't eat anything girl. Nope.

I remember when I saw a therapist I told her that it was so annoying when everyone in the world asked me if I was okay. She told me to just wait, one day you'll wonder why no one asks you about it anymore because they'll be over it before you. I never believed her. What a joke. I'm a joke.

How am I supposed to know if anything is real when the one thing I was so sure about turned out to be a total sham. And he's in love. With the girl he met while we were married. And they've been together for two years. And he's supposed to be the bad guy? Why does he get the happy ending/middle/continuation? What justice is that? There is no fucking justice in this world and people wonder why people are cynical. Everything does NOT happen for a reason. That is just bullshit they spew at you so that you don't off yourself everything something bad happens. It's just the world's way of wrapping everything up in a pretty bow so life makes sense and you can be content. Bullshit. If God/fate/the cosmos did "make" this happen then FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU and your bullshit. If this is part of the plan then I don't want anything to do with the fucking plan. Bad things happen. That's it. It's shitty and you never know when your world will be ripped out from under you.

I'm so annoying. This annoys me. I know I'm 22. Fuck you. fuck me.

12 comments:

  1. You are NOT annoying. You are amazing, and inspiring. And I am sorry he did this to you. I wish I could take your pain away and make things better.

    Hugs. Seriously. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry Rachael. This blows. Let me know where he lives, I'll beat the f--- out of him. You are AMAZING and he is a douche. You are not a statistic, you are a victim who was duped by a piece of crap. Seriously, I'm praying for you. I totally agree, everything does not happen for a reason. The world is a screwed up place. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry Rachael, you are not annoying or stupid. You are amazing, and pretty, and funny, and smart, and adventurous and.... I could go on.

    Honestly, if you didnt miss your ex, and the good times you had together, then I would be worried for you. I think it's natural to feel that way. Who knows how long it will last, everyone grieves differently, and you will grieve in your own way. I just hope it gets better for you soon. {hugs}

    ReplyDelete
  4. What I had said was, I'm with Laura on this. I hate him for you. Sometimes life is so unfair. But you have GOT to have faith that there is a much better and happier life waiting for you, and it's just going to take patience. I hate cliches, I know. I'm sorry you're feeling this way. Huge hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're not annoying, R & you are justified in every ounce of your feelings. I hate "everything happens for a reason" with an undying passion. It's the canned, Hallmark response everyone gives you for a shitty situation, which is even better when paired up with “at least you didn’t have kids” or “you’re still young, you’ll find someone.” I didn’t want to be a statistic & few (certainly no one on TN) knows how hard I fought for my marriage or how quickly things went downhill – and no one knows how absolutely devastating it was and what kind of wake it left me in even though I put on a shiny happy exterior & moved on. You're not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh, Rach...I am so sad for you. This made me cry.

    I think you are such an amazing and strong person and I don't blame you for one second for missing him. There's nothing wrong with that or you.

    I wish I knew what to say, but you know I am always here for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rachel, I'm in tears here and it isn't because of the pregnancy. The saddest part is that because you are so young and so beautiful, hardly anyone believes what you are feeling is real. It is all real. While reading this I ran through a whole lifetime of heartbreaks. All real. All still painful. When I was 4 I had a pet that hated my guts. I loved him forever and ever but he didn't love me back. He ran away. It broke my heart. My first love treated me like shit. He raised his hand to hit me and I left and never turned back. I will never repeat this again but, I still have a love him. I still see his face as clear as day and some days it haunts me.

    It is ok to fake it sometimes...To fake being happy because one day you're not going to have to fake it anymore. One thing about memories though, it sends you back to that day as if you are standing right there again.

    I'm not a hater of "everything happens for a reason" but I don't use it. Unless I know what that reason is, what right do I have to tell anyone that? All I know is that without some heartache there is no way I would know how it feels to have a heart full of complete joy. The fact that you can still feel hate means that you can still feel love so I'm very hopeful for you, Rachael. Because you hate so much, you can love much more and I'm very, very hopeful for you. I'm sorry this comment was so so long but your words really touched me. I had to tell you that. I had to tell you no matter how old or how young you are, your feelings are real and if you're not over it, it is because you loved deeper than you have ever experienced. The good news is, you know what that feels like and it is going to happen again. Your ex will never know how to love like you.
    <3Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are awesome. And you deserve awesome.

    He is decidedly not awesome.

    <3

    ReplyDelete