Thursday, May 28, 2009

Life is beautiful, but it's complicated. We barely make it.

Had a date today with Mr. Hipster. 26, film school graduate, total hipster style (maybe cooler than me!), on the shorter side, not text book handsome but attractive. It's our second date. We went on our first one about a month and a half ago, but I felt no sparks at all. He is super funny and I really enjoy his company, so I said yes when he asked me if I wanted to grab a bite to eat this week. Why not? I wore this new Old Navy dress with a cream jacket thrown over it for warmth. I thought it had to perfect mix of "oh this old thing? I just threw it on" and casual flirtiness.
Striped ON Sundress, H&M multiple pendant necklace, and casz flats to keep the height thing under wraps.

We went to Kaisen sushi which is a place a different guy originally took me to, but we went else where because it was too crowded. I know, I'm so scandalous. Sushi was decent, the atmosphere was relaxed, and prices were good, but there are much better places in Costa Mesa for lowkey sushi.


Not my pictures, but come on. I can't bust out the camera on a date. A little too creepy. Thanks Yelp images!


All in all, I have the same feelings about Mr. Hipster. A couple of my girlfriends have been pushing me to go on more than one date with each guy. I'm notorious for having a million first dates and not following through with date #2, but I'm just that kind of girl. I know it right away and I knew it with Mr. Hipster. Great, super funny, entertaining guy who I could chat with all day, but that is it. He's just a good friend. I'm not bummed because I pretty much knew this would be the conclusion.

To leave this post on a highnote: impromptu photoshoot with Tallulah!!!!
Hey mom! What you got there?


Okay, I'll sit and look pretty.

Kisses.


Mom!! What is up with your funny face? No more pictures.

Okay, fine. Let's just snuggle.

Seriously? How could you not love her.

4 comments:

  1. I agree about giving some of these guys a second chance...a lot of times it might still not be there, but some people just aren't good w/ first impressions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gave Mr. Monkey a second chance. It turned out well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted nothing to do with J at first. Then one day it hit me that he was the perfect person for me. Definitely give them a second chance!

    ReplyDelete