Thursday, June 04, 2009

If you make the outside pretty, maybe no one will notice the mess on the inside.

Pretty lowkey couple of days. Been super busy with a bunch of domestic errands that don't warrant full-on posts. Dealing with things. Decided a good pedicure was definitely in order today, so I asked my favorite Costa Mesa neighbor Jessica to join me at our new favorite nail salon, Beauty Quest. They give the best massages, are super attentive, don't push a ton of extras on you, have a huge selection of OPI polish, and best of all: they speak english! So nice. I stopped at my fave beauty supply for a few things I need for another busy wedding weekend and bought a bottle of new polish. I always like to bring my own bottle so I can touch up at home if necessary. I'm the queen of black, super duper dark purple that looks black, or completely nude nails - no in between. Thought I'd switch it up since summer is around the corner and black is pretty much a non-trend these days.
China Glaze - Mediterranean Charm

The picture of the bottle and toes don't do it justice. I'm in love with this color. It looks like a basic red in the pictures, but it goes on a very cool mixture of tomato red and salmon and rose. It is very different and I'm glad I stepped outside my boring box. I have to be up ridiculously early tomorrow for a bridal preview and should be fast asleep, but apparently Jess likes to fuel my emo insomnia with cd upon cd of amazing mix tapes. :)

2 comments: