Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Happy hour + sushi + girlfriends = one happy bird

Monday I met up with some fabulous ladies at Maki Maki for some happy hour birthday goodness for the lovely Diane! Maki Maki has the best HH on mondays because it goes from 3:30 pm until closing. Half price sushi and some great, cheap cocktails. We used to frequent it more often and I'm glad we finally made it back around here. Yum! Although everyone else couldn't come until around 6, Cat, Laura, and I decided to start the party early. We shared a bunch of sushi: crazy california roll, maki maki roll, spicy tuna tempura roll, tuna sushi, edamame, and a whole menagerie of other things.


Cat - Me - Laura

Ono sushi and shrimp tempura roll. om nom nom.

Calamari with wasabi tartar and and sweet & hot plum sauce. Meh.

Then the rest of the girls started to arrive so we completely paid our bill and started all over again. Haha. Round two began with more food and booze, lots of girl talk, and birthday cake.
Diane **birthday girl** - Cat - Me - Laura

Such a pretty girl Claire.

Andrea - Aline - Claire

Chocolate birthday cake from Chuck E Cheese courtesy of Aline! Why Diane requested this, I will never know. Ick. Whatever, she LOVED it.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DIANE! I LOVE YOU!

7 comments:

  1. totally cute! diane's taste never ceases to amaze me. although that cake does look very chocolate-y...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo! I am eternally grateful you did not post my fat picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so bummed I missed out on this! Looks like it was a great time, and that cake is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like such a good time! ::sniff sniff:: I miss Maki Maki. You girls are so damn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! I am so sad I missed it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dude you ICKED chucky cake?!?
    LOL

    ReplyDelete