Sunday, June 14, 2009

When it rains, it pours.

Thursday I met eHarmony boy #2. Mr. Altruistic is 24, personal trainer (the real kind, not the gym rats who want some extra cash,) Huntington Beach, 6'3, lighter complexion, surprisingly good style. He suggested we meet at Kitsch Bar which gave him a couple brownie points. I heart Kitsch and the vibe there. So far, so good.


I had worked a super long day, but had managed to squeeze in a quick nap before our date. He was much cuter than I thought he'd be and the conversation was pretty easy. He was a bit of a jabberjaw, but that is always better than awkward silences. It was pretty obvious he was into me -- haha, that sounds terrible but when you know, you know -- which of course made me not super into him. Cliche #956. Mr. Altruistic is just that-- super altruistic. His personal training business is almost more like a life coach kind of thing which leads him to be very positive, super humanitarian all the time. Surprisingly, my cynical personality didn't clash with him. Yin and Yang sort of thing, maybe. Anyway... we ended up chatting and having drinks from 9pm to 1am before we headed home. No fireworks, but there is potential. I think I'll give him a second go round.

Friday, I had a date with the Funny Guy. 28, investment banker, selling his house in Corona to move into the gorgeous Lofts at the Stadium in Orange, Newport guy style (random!) and the kicker -- 5'6"! I had many a-conversations with the girls if that was a deal breaker. I try not to be so shallow, but come on!! I like to be the little one of the relationship. :) He suggested we meet at Sushi Town in Costa Mesa (loving the local places these boys pick) since he has some friends around here and that is their local sushi joint of choice.

The sushi was so yummy and I'm glad I've got a new go-to sushi place. The main reason (shut it) I decided to go out with him is because he is very handsome. Classic good looks get you in the door, but it won't keep you there. The date was only a couple hours, but for some reason felt super long. I wasn't bored, but maybe the 4 dates and crazy work schedule of that week was finally taking a toll on me. Funny Guy is quite the talker as well, but asked a lot more questions than Mr. Altruistic. He constantly cracks jokes which I enjoy, but by the end of the date I was sick of courtesy laughing. (Man, I sound like such a bitch.) I think Mr. Funny compensates for his shortness by being the life of the party. It was a little tiring, but I still enjoyed myself. I'm not huge on the Affliction-like Tee he was wearing, but he did have very good shoes. :) I think I'll give him a second go round as well. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. Well, it sounds like they both have some potential. That's good.

    Was Mr. 5'6" REALLY 5'6"? Or shorter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you on Mr. Shorty's personality, probably tries really hard to make up for his shortness. They both sound good! Yeah, the Affliction/Ed Hardy gear has to go :/ I vote for a second go 'round with both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love hearing your dating stories. More, more more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great. I love this. "Courtesy laughing" - you slay me! Affliction-like is a little moted, but not a deal breaker so I'm glad you're giving him another chance. Keep it coming and GL! It sounds like you're having some fun!

    ReplyDelete