Tuesday, June 09, 2009

That's what you get when you let your heart win, whoaaa.

This past weekend we celebrated my brother and sister in law's Housewarming/Birthday party. My brother turned 25 and they just purchased their first condo. It was good yet strange to be with family and friends for something that is supposed to be joyous after my grandma's passing. After a couple of drinks, most of us lightened up a bit.

Little self-portrait session in their new bathroom. Finally, my hair is long enough to style some other way than straight.

Birthday Boy and his crazy cake. Poor Melinda made his favorite old school confetti cake, but it completely fell apart coming out of the pan. She used the frosting to hold it all together.

First time homeowners/birthday boy.

Sisters in law.

Lots of liquid happiness.

Rocking the drums.

At the end of party, we pulled out the Rock Band. I pretty much stayed on my normal station of the drums, but did take a turn belting out Paramore's "That's What You Get." Even when I'm playing around, I'm still emo. Ah well, tomorrow's plans will make for a better blog later, I swear. Thursday's funeral... not so much.

1 comment: